Richard Gardner

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by FD1099, Mar 6, 2017.

1. FD1099

FD1099 New Member

Early last Sunday morning (02/26/2017), my father Richard Gardner lost his five year battle with cancer and entered into rest.

He was a long time drag racer. He started racing around Western New York in the 1950s. In the late 60's and 70's he ran his 62 Corvette in Modified Eliminator. In the the late 80's to early 2000's we ran our Super Stock 67 Camaro all over D1 and D3. For the last ten years, we have trying our luck at Comp with our F/D. He loved racing, but really loved Comp.

I would like to thank everyone who helped him over the years. I would like to especially thank Al Ackerman, John French Sr. and Jim Ford. Also, the person who helped him from Patterson Elite Racing. Sorry, but I can't recall your name. All the help meant a lot to him. Thank you!!

The attached picture was take back in 2012 at Empire Dragway. We were doing some testing. He is wearing the blue shirt.

Attached Files:

guitar builder likes this.
  2. ken reich

ken reich Member

RIP

3. Clint Neff

Clint Neff Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your dad! Never got to meet him in person but spoke on the phone a few times! God speed Richard! RIP