Rule question

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Brian Landies, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Cody Lane

Cody Lane New Member

Hi Greg -

I was hoping you could help expand on this a little, as I feel I have a pretty good grasp on the rules but wasn't sure of the right answer for the following:

Let's say I was in B/ED and I had lost 1 on my Personal Index prior to Chicago, so my index was 7.53 from the class index of 7.54. With the class index being adjusted, does my personal index become the class index at 7.48 or will I still lose 1 - so it would be 7.47?

Thank you for the help and congrats on the runner-up!

Cody Lane
    601 E/SMA SS/BS
    Hancock & Lane Racing

2. gkamp

gkamp Member

Thanks for the congrats Cody
    Your index would be the class index (7.48) and you would be clean on your personal

Greg K

Cody Lane and Matt like this.
  3. Bob Book

Bob Book Active Member

There's just no easy way to "fix" the class that doesn't please as many as it angers. That's always been the elephant in the room. A little off subject I don't understand why when attendance is so very critical to our classes future why so many D3 cars chose not to show up for the Joliet Race. No Terry Smith, Mike & CJ, Rick Brown, Jason Coan, Ambrose, Jeremy Bailey etc., etc. I may be over reacting but I think it's really critical to make races like this for our class to have a future. Do many sit this one out due to the stacked field or???
    And you're sure right about the point you made there Brian - what if Greg sticks someone else in his B/ED at some point? I could envision a situation that 2 racers who both have taken a bunch or personal make a car swap or if someone is close in points parking his that's used a bunch of personal and borrowing another ride for a race or 2. It really can get weird if people want to get creative...

FLAT likes this.
  4. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Active Member

You are right on Bob. I believe having 4 Div. 3 races in five weeks is the killer. We are skipping Tulsa because of the last two weekends.

Bob Book likes this.
  5. terry smith

terry smith New Member

Bob, We were not there because of the amount of work here at the shop, It's our busy season for the GP boats so were covered up. Hoping to be able to go to Norwalk. If i could i would be at every race possible,but it is what it is.

Bob Book and boostedf22c like this.
  6. Bob Book

Bob Book Active Member

I missed seeing you guys there and was just wondering. Glad you're busy!!