Rules for 1/8th mile

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by rognelson777, Apr 13, 2018.

1. rognelson777

rognelson777 Active Member

See galot is racing 1/8th mile. Where are personal indexes for 1/8th mile listed. Could only find 1/4 mile personal indexes.

Also if you hit 1/8th mile index does that also effect your 1.4 mile index?

guitar builder likes this.
  2. Cody Lane

Cody Lane New Member

guitar builder likes this.
  3. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

National Dragster used to list both 1/8th and 1/4 mile indexes, and records.. haven't actually looked inside one of those magazines in years... but that's just me...

4. Cody Lane

Cody Lane New Member

Bringing this post back to the top, as I was hoping to get some clarity on the 1/8th mile rules for Comp.

Do any of the SRAC reps or fellow racers know the exact rules on the 1/8th mile racing CIC hits? I posted the link above, but it is does not allude to personal / permanent CIC hits – and there would have been a few at the LODRS 2-3 race in Benson, N.C.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but if -.350 under the index at an 1/8th mile track is considered -.500 under the 1/4th mile index, then any 1/8th mile eliminations run at -.460 and above would be a personal CIC hit correct?

I am looking for some clarifications on this because the rules are not clear, and if I am correct, then some adjustments would have to be made to a few classes.

CIC rules: http://promod.nhra.com/Userfiles/File/Tech/NHRA Competition Eliminator Competition Index Control 2018.pdf

Personal Indexes: http://promod.nhra.com/userfiles/file/Tech/2018_Personal_CIC.pdf

Thanks,

Cody Lane

5. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Active Member

Cody, there you go using too much logic,
    I was told 35 under is cic with no personal or permanent hits, but I will ask the d2 director for the official answer in Atlanta this weekend. btw Rampy would have tightened up on the other end if there was any personal given.

Charlie Yannetti likes this.