Simple Question

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Comp 307, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Comp 307

Comp 307 Member

For the last year or so it's been rather difficult to get (somewhat real time) results from Divisional races. The stock and super stock racers do a pretty good job by having racers attending the event help out with what's happening. I know we all get really busy - or distracted - but I think it could be really helpful and rewarding for the members of this site. We are racing D2 this year......any thoughts, help or different ideas?? Or maybe no one gives a shit. Chuck.

guitar builder likes this.
  2. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Active Member

Chuck, I normally get ask to send the incrementals via text to certain people back home that couldn't come with us. So from now on I will get them to post them on here.

3. Comp 307

Comp 307 Member

Thanks Greg. I'm just thinking about what could help out this forum and Comp in general. Seems like more people would check the site and follow Comp a little closer if we could provide more real time info.

4. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Thanks Greg for taking care of division 4. Thanks Chuck for getting the ball rolling on this. Should help out comp interest.
    Clark Smiley

5. Mark Lelchook

Mark Lelchook Member

I personally like to see pictures of the cars in the pits, and pictures of the drivers and crew even more so. That would be neat to if someone had time to post pictures as well.

Mark Lelchook
    D/ED

guitar builder and brewer67nova like this.
  6. Comp 307

Comp 307 Member

That's really, really helpful. That's why I asked a simple question. But with your assistance, can you please help me find qualifying/round sheets on twitter for Comp?

7. Mike DePalma

Mike DePalma Active Member

Chuck, great idea. I agree the results have been late most of the time and sometimes incomplete. Probably not going to find to many people on this site to help. You have to go to the race an attend. Im sure a lot of the reason is NHRA cutting back a bit. It would be a great topic for the division reps to bring up in their next meeting.

8. Jeff Childs

Jeff Childs Member

Last year NHRA had a link that had live timing at all the division races I checked. I checked it this year during the D2 race and it was broken! I found this though, says coming soon. http://www.nhra.com/divisional-live-timing

9. Cody Lane

Cody Lane New Member

Jeff Childs and guitar builder like this.
  10. thethrill

thethrill New Member

I really like these ideas, in fact the SRAC committee just hired a social media expert to create a new Facebook and Twitter account for comp. We are still trying to get everything sorted out but for now please like and follow the newly created pages and we will get more information to you as soon as we have it.

Will Hatcher

11. Greg Schenck

You mean to tell that Raymond Martin and Dickie Maris is going to learn how to tweet.lol

12. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Greg, I'll bet some kid will help us. . Dennis

13. RonP

RonP Member

Hi Chuck,
    I spend an inordinate amount of time looking at classracer.com and dragracecentral.com during the race season. Classracer for pics of racecars and dragcentral for qualifying & race results. Considering myself as a nonracer at this point in time, adding a thread showing pics of Comp cars would draw more of my attention and time to the site, especially focusing on the detail of how each car is built, and what is unique about that particular combination. The technical aspect is something missing from classracer and dragcentral that this site could capitalize on in my opinion. See you at Norwalk. Later, Ron

14. BenHolt

BenHolt Member

We're new to comp eliminator racing, but here in Division 3 we can donate and have the incremental sheet for every round. Does every division have that set up? If so, it wouldn't be hard to just take a quick picture of the qualifying order and post it up after every round. I don't think it would be right to post up the incrementals of every session, being that we pay for it, but the q sheet would be easy. I wouldn't mind doing that at the events that we attend

15. Greg Schenck

Here in Div 4 , DRAW has all the sheets and we get all of them for a $20.00 per race donation. Last year at Topeka they did not have incrementals available,

Brian Landies and guitar builder like this.
  16. Jeff Childs

Jeff Childs Member

Thanks for that, hopefully the other divisions work on there too. On a side note, Nobile made a hell of a test pass on Sunday in pro stock! :p

17. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    I'm not sure but I think Greg might have called Dickie and me a dumbass.....

18. deuces wild

deuces wild Member

I've taken pictures and posted them here a few times. Mostly on class racer as I race in super stock. I'll try to post some this year if I can. Ed

19. Rudy Mangrum

Rudy Mangrum New Member

I just checked the nhraracer live timing, and saw Q1 comp results from D2 Gainesville.
    Check it out!!