St Louis Schedule BS

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Shaun Vincent, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Shaun Vincent

Shaun Vincent Member

ken reich and Chase Williams like this.
  2. al ackerman

al ackerman New Member

I'm on your side but it looks like all the sportsman are getting two shots...

3. Frank Aragona Jr.

Frank Aragona Jr. Active Member

And its only a 3 day race, better to be safe and get it done, no?

4. james smith

james smith New Member

I would like to see them add a day, and make it a 4 day race. So we could get 3 or 4 qualifying passes.

ken reich and Clint Neff like this.
  5. Mike Mans

Mike Mans Member

I guess I don't see the big fuss with only 2 runs? It's going to be mineshaft rule (most likely), and with a 3 day event it's understandable to try and at least be prepared to get the event complete.

It is really nice to see a big field of Comp cars entering this event though. Funny how late season races with great atmospheric conditions attract Comp guys!

6. Shaun Vincent

Shaun Vincent Member

Some times it's the small things that can help. NHRA has asked what can they do to help. One thing the committee suggested was three qualifying runs. Car count was similar last year and comp got three. So what has changed? At three day races the bracket classes normally get two but comp still gets three. If they start grouping comp with the bracket classes then how does that promote the class. Do you think if the alcohol cars were there, they would get two? On the fact of being minsaft is true but you would have more opportunity if there is more runs. What if we miss it by one car because somebody is struggling a little, I'm sure all involved would then like one more pass. I'm sure the 4 guys going home would like one more hit. Their is plenty of time at this race. You just gotta look at the schedule to understand. On Friday for the first 5 hours they have 500 cars scheduled to go down the track. For the last 5 hours only 200 cars are scheduled to go down the track. If you don't see an issue with that then I don't know what to tell you.

FLAT and ken reich like this.
  7. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

How many cars that go do the track is relative to the class and how long it takes to run a pair.
    Clark Smiley

8. Mike Mans

Mike Mans Member

So does this mean that 2 runs isn't all that bad after all? I bet you're glad you DID sign up for this one. lol

I understand that more is better, and of course every class would like to add more to it. To be honest Stock and Super Stock were in a very similar position in many ways, and 3 runs would have been advantageous to each of the laddered classes. The way the AHFS system works, there were a LOT of cars - including ourselves that made quite a few changes to ensure we didn't step on our own toes and another run would have been extremely welcome. Especially since the track conditions on the first session of many classes were quite sub-par for many competitors. If they cut classes down to 2 runs, they really need to ensure that everything is in great condition for each of those runs.

I want Comp to grow and flourish because it's still one of my favorite categories, and I was genuinely happy to see you do well today. You guys are a great family that have been synonymous with Comp for decades. Congrats Shaun on a great weekend!

Mike