Surprised by Results

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Rodger Brogdon, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Rodger Brogdon

Rodger Brogdon Active Member

closed.

#1 Rodger Brogdon, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  2. nhracea1

nhracea1 Member

If you lower all indexes .1 you essentially do away with the pi. I don’t think many people have or can run .61 under in none mineshaft conditions with lowered indexes.
    Your spreadsheet will be interesting to see.

3. greg williams

greg williams Member

I think that's the whole idea.Make .61 under an accomplishment.Taking the .10 off does away with the give back 2015. This is supposed to be a performance based class.Why punish the people that strive for that goal.Race to the stripe.As John Greene said:"MAKE COMP FAST,NOT COMPLICATED"

4. Joey arrowsmith

EXACTLY!!!

5. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

I said this over a month ago but Clark jumped my ass and said mean things to me......lol

Greg Schenck likes this.
  6. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Well-Known Member

No Shane I said you have no nuts!!!

indexes need to right but giving index back does not accomplish that.
    I am all for taking a tenth off of all indexs and going racing. Hell I would prefer fifteen off each index. Clark Smiley

7. Richard Preiser

Richard Preiser New Member

There are -.45 cars, -.55 cars, -.65 cars and -.75+ cars. Lowering Indexes
    will hurt the-.45 thru -.55 car count, I thought the idea is to bring more cars?
    I think helping the slower cars to create participation is the way to go, fast
    cars will always be fast regardless of Index reduction.

8. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Well-Known Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Leave the indexes alone. It takes 5 years to get them in line. Giving indexes back is like becoming a Democrap.... Always want some free shit.... Merry Christmas Bitches....

9. deuces wild

deuces wild Active Member

Lower the index’s a tenth and I’m out........

bseibenick likes this.
  10. arthodges706

arthodges706 Active Member

That kind of comment is typical bullshit. Comp is a performance driven class. Whether u get a tenth of not you gotta work on ur shit.
    If your out because of that you were never in. Roger I don’t know what you are planning to do with all of this info but I’m sure you need to stay close to Craig to get something done. Good luck to all.

11. Rodger Brogdon

Rodger Brogdon Active Member

yes and no
    Yes 7.40 to 7.30.
    Yes 7.30 to 7.20.
    all indexes would be lowered a tenth (-10)
    no the PI doesn't go away. I dont think that will ever go away.
    hopefully we can come up with a program to give give PI back to racers who support the class. By supporting the class I mean by going to events.
    I suggested 1 hundredth back for every 2 events that are participated in.
    5 hundredths back per year max.

12. Troy Galbraith

So you want to take .10 from those who have had no PI or class hit since 1/1/2016 and take the same .10 from someone who since 1/1/2016 has taken 5, 10, or 15 already?

Sweet ass deal for those just entering (or re-entering) the class... or class switching...

CIC works because those not fast are racing against how fast someone is WILLING to go not how fast they CAN go. This proposal would eliminate that... also all but eliminates the need to pay any amount of attention to "racing Comp" by the participants in the class.... shit.... just stab and go!

IMO...

Troy Galbraith

#12 Troy Galbraith, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    71mavlouisville likes this.
  13. Joey arrowsmith

I highly suggest everyone send Rodger an email requesting what he has compiled from this year. I believe the more people that see this will understand why they should have never given everyone a tenth to begin with and why taken the tenth back while keeping P.I. would be a great thing for this class... more races to the finish line=better experience for not just the fan but for racers as well! . And Ed... you are building one of the nicest supermod cars I’ve seen and can’t wait to see you out this year. You’ve worked very hard at getting where you’re at with that car and it will show this coming year!!

14. Troy Galbraith

Joey, I'm curious.... how many races you would plan to enter next year in G/AA with an 8.59 on the board?

15. Joey arrowsmith

Quite a few in the early and fall months as I’d still be anywhere between a -510 to -590 car. Everyone knows we don’t race that much in the summer heat but in comp and all racing you can win a race from any position but I personally like going for that number 1 spot instead of playing the ladder

16. Troy Galbraith

OK... I'll look forward to seeing that... Merry Christmas!

17. Joey arrowsmith

Have to take the tenth away first for that to happen haha. Merry Christmas Troy.... look forward to racing with you again this next year!!!

18. 71mavlouisville

Yikes! 8.59 in G/AA and a 7.20 for Troy in B/DA. I'm all in on that one. Can't wait to line up next to you guy's. Joey would have to run at least 8.08 for CIC and Troy a 6.69. Try that at 3200 ft da. Better schedule events that will have great air along with a great track. Really avoid the heat or get you a supercharger like "El Toro" Smiley.

#18 71mavlouisville, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  19. 71mavlouisville

I got a great idea, you guys should swap engines. C/AA and C/DA (guessing). Both get a tenth back.

20. Joey arrowsmith

C/AA would be nice!!! I wouldn’t be getting chased as much and dumping at the finish line trying to save P.I. all the dang time. Hell a few people could of won a few more rounds this past year (myself included) if they weren’t trying to slow there cars down and save P.I. vs racing it to the stripe and not worrying about anything