Tim McAmis on Pro Mod

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by jake_1213, Mar 9, 2018.

1. jake_1213

jake_1213 Member

Must watch video

J Savani 1213

2. deuces wild

deuces wild Member

Awesome

guitar builder likes this.
  3. Rob Harrison

Rob Harrison Well-Known Member

The harsh reality of where drag-racing has benefited and lost......from technology . Comp , ProStock , ProMod , and other classes.......if you can afford it , driver talent and or ability , is now secondary.....money rules . In fact ( as Tim McAmis put it so sarcastically ) " you don't need a driver ".......you need money....technology will take care of the rest .

4. rognelson777

rognelson777 Active Member

Tim should step back and really think a little more about this subject. His 1980 run was 7.077 at 201 MPH. Current NHRA promods running 5.80 at 260mph + . Things happen significantly faster in these cars than when promod started. He is also complaining about technology in torque converters and ignitions making it easier, That could be said about all of drag racing.
    We could go back to dual point ignitions and no 2 steps in any class but I thought drag racing was supposed to be about innovation.

5. Matt

Matt New Member

I agree. And of course when the cars are +/- 1 second faster then even the 90s Pro Mods the window of losing and saving a $300K car becomes even smaller. Any smart racer/owner is going to do everything they can to keep the car off the wall and on the tires.

The competent fans (I'd like to think I fall into this category) truly don't want to see ANY vehicle wreck ........ E V E R. I cringe every time I see A N Y racer wreck. A Pro Mod is already a tough car to drive, if making them a little more automated keeps the driver safer and the fans happier, why not?

This may be a naive question, so please (gently) correct me if I'm wrong. But has there ever been a time in drag racing when the fans were this excited about anything related to Pro Mod? Fans are excited to see Pro Mod in NHRA, ADRL, and PDRA. I'm sure I left an organization out of that list.

6. Rob Harrison

Rob Harrison Well-Known Member

35 entries for Pro Mod with 4 qualifying runs.........something is up .

7. Brian Landies

Brian Landies Active Member

In every other sport in the world, the highest level has the most talented and hardest working competitors. In drag racing that is not the case. Enter the need for automation.

8. rognelson777

rognelson777 Active Member

Isn't it ironic Tim is using technology, the internet and you tube to post this. If I am not mistaken the only way he could get this out would be newspapers or TV in 1990. Times change.

guitar builder and Matt like this.