What a run by John Mihovetz at Pomona!

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by compfan1, Nov 10, 2011.

1. jim wiens

jim wiens New Member

Think if you spent the 60k for the motor it would come with a tune up

2. C Tanksley

C Tanksley New Member

No, it will need a lot more work than the tuneup you get off the dyno .

3. Ray Vierheller

Ray Vierheller New Member

He ran what he ran and that's fine. I only have 2 questions... Did he have any grading points and if not, how did he get in?

Also, isn't the hot ticket to making consistent run on those fast street cars the use of traction control? Does he run traction control at the street car races and was any of it on the car for this race? And just cause it passed tech does not mean it's not on there.

Grading Point Detail...

2011: 1 national, no divisionals
    2010: 3 nationals, no divisionals
    2009: Did not Compete in NHRA
    2008: 2 nationals, 1 divisional
    2007: 2 nationals, 2 divisionals

3 grading points in the last 5 seasons, with 0 grading points in the last 3. If you're going to bitch about something, at least bitch about something that hold water. Pretty sure if I had that 3 year average, they would make me run at least 1 points race prior to the cut off.

I could really care less though. He came, he saw, he kicked ass. As little as he races the only damage he's doing is to egos. Guess the moral of the story is don't qualify #17 if you race on the west coast!

4. vinnyb

vinnyb Member

Hey Ray Enough is enough WHY DONT YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO PAY ALL THE PEOPLE THAT WRIGHT TOOL OWES MONEY TO BECAUSE OF YOU and its a lot of it,instead of woory about who ran this or that div race or whos got traction control, Race your own car and play by the rules and youl be fine,thats nhra,s job to give you an entry

5. Ray Vierheller

Ray Vierheller New Member

I do race my own car by the rules. Has there ever been a time where we've done otherwise? Like I said I could care less how he ran. And had we run, he would have likely kicked our ass. My point was, if people are going to bitch, bitch about legitimate things, not about a guy who works his ass off to make his car run fast then blame a bogus index.

Looks like you either didn't read the whole post or missed the point (x 9).

#105 Ray Vierheller, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  6. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

Soft Index has been mentioned a few times in this thread.. my question about the index would be, how many BB/AT's have there been that actually could go from A to B to threaten the index??.. I can't think of many, maybe two, that had it figured out until late last year..

My point is that no one is getting these things down the track, so no one complained.. now one guy has it pretty well figured out, and there's an index problem.. there actually isn't!!

7. J. Mihovetz

J. Mihovetz New Member

No the car does not have traction control because it is not legal in Comp and we do not need it anyway. Look at all of the NHRA Pro mods, they are faster and don't have it either. the difference is we do it with half the displacement. As for Petty, they are pretty good at what they do but I'd like to see them do it with half the engine.

As for how I got into the event, I had one grade point which was the requirement.

Yes there's more to it than just an engine, however theres no need to go to the dyno. I have the tune up, just soften it up, let out the clutch and tune it on the track. BTW. SCSN Las Vegas we went 6.14 @236 and 6.13 @236 an hour later. Fastest guy today was 5.76 @254. Hero to almost zero in one week.

I could sit around and cry but I went over and shook their hand and congratulated them on a job well done. I will be paying attention to who was faster than me this weekend so I might learn something.

Don't think I'd be ignorant enough to show up with anything remotely illegal on my car with so many crybabies around. No need to cheat, we are plenty fast already.

John

8. cutta

cutta Member

Good Luck this weekend John! Hopefully you will be the giant killer and take out some of the big motor cars along the way to a nice payday.

9. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

And a clutch.. Great Job..

#109 JustinatAce, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  10. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

HEY YO VINNY!!!.. I don't think you got your question answered.. LMAO!!!