Wow!

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Dave Ring, Apr 13, 2012.

1. C Tanksley

C Tanksley New Member

If it helped as much as 40% would be a big help . I started racing with a flagman if the flagman did`nt like you you had a problem . So many fights back then cause of getting flaged that something had to be done . There was a fight at almost ever race then they cane out with the tree . But in those days there was no rec times or 60 ft times you was eiher green or red . At that track there was a flagman at the end of the finish line he would raise the flag for the winner .

2. Ray Vierheller

Ray Vierheller New Member

The post that was removed summed up the entire topic perfectly.

3. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

Thats what I was thinking! lol

4. rfh

rfh Member

Wow

We don't need to change the tree we need to change the et slip. Get rid of the reaction time from the et slip(easily done by NHRA) and you would see fewer red lights. If you don't know your reaction time what is there to adjust for? Old time drag racing would be back!!!!! Better racing better show.

5. Clint Neff

Clint Neff Well-Known Member

I always love when you visit Bob

6. C Tanksley

C Tanksley New Member

So we are to belive that red lights are good after all . I do know that one car will not be going red . So if you want to go red have fun if you like watching gay guys standing in a circle have fun .

7. caveman

caveman New Member

I don't even know what the means, and I still laughed out loud. hahaha

8. Steve Fackett

Steve Fackett New Member

And who would know more about old time drag racing than Bob?
    Steve/Star Machine

9. Mark Lefkes

Mark Lefkes Member

Anyone care to say what post was removed?

10. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

I think he means that red lights are for homosexuals ::rolleyes:

11. C Tanksley

C Tanksley New Member

Red lights are for hope and change .

12. guitar builder

guitar builder Active Member

lmao

I gotta totally say, that this thread is awesome, lol!

13. C Tanksley

C Tanksley New Member

It did make me feel better for comps driving , after watching first round of T/D at baytown . T/D had 6 red lights and 6 break outs but a few breakouts came after the red lghts . You can`t say they was trying to kill the tree because of a performance disvantage they do have shoe polish and a delay box . I guess they have a delay box , cause it is leagal . The reason i posted this is because NHRA can`t ever say that comp has way more red lights than the other classes . I wish there was never a red light but that won`t ever happen . I did look back a few years back and the old drivers of the 90`s had very few red lights compaired to now .

#93 C Tanksley, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  14. Rob Harrison

Rob Harrison Well-Known Member

Brandon has tried it

Would you say it is harder to red light , Brandon , is that what you meant about getting after it?

15. C Tanksley

C Tanksley New Member

The other day I talked with Allen Stanfield and he runs a clutch car he has a good handle on the tree . I do agree with him some of the heavy S/M cars would have a hard time with a 400 tree . Even with our clutch C/D car it is slower than our old B/ED on the trans break . Our 1400 lb B/ED moved so quick it could have red lighted on a 370 tree . So for our part since we havent red lighted in years we are good just like it is now . T/D had 10 red lights with a delay box so what does that tell you .

#95 C Tanksley, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  16. Rob Harrison

Rob Harrison Well-Known Member

That's a very good point , Charlie , one that somehow never got mentioned in this thread , the heavy S/M would definitely be at a disadvantage. There's lots of good reasons for reducing red lights and speeding the tree up was one way.......but not at the expense of compromising a bunch of Comp classes.

This IS the reason that Comp still has a .500 tree , somewhat satisfying to come up with an answer that makes sense , rather than leave Comp alone just cause. Further to this , the fast class cars would have a distinct Advantage which is why the Pro's tree had to be sped up to .370 .

Complicated Eliminator , someone got that right.

17. C Tanksley

C Tanksley New Member

They did change the tree a few years back, they went to the led bulbs which screw up our driver . It took a few races to get back on track but still had to set on the bulb too long .

18. steve1724

steve1724 Member

Wasn’t there a discussion about the same subject, awhile back and the conclusion was to practice? :confused:

19. Shaun Vincent

Shaun Vincent Member

I don’t care either way but if you going change something you should test it first.

There are a couple of National Opens at the end of the year that runs Comp. Why don’t you talk to the track and Division Director to set those races up to run a .400 Full Tree? Get feedback from the racers that ran those races to see if it is better or worse. Then we have more information to make a more inform decision on if this idea would help the class or not.

Otherwise stop talking about something that we have no idea if it can work or not.

20. C Tanksley

C Tanksley New Member

We did talk about it and came up with it would`nt work on all comp cars no need to test . That is how we found about it the S/M cars would have a problem . Some guys don`t get on hear for all kind of reasons but I did get a phone call from a racer and told him that i would post what his concern was .

#100 C Tanksley, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012