Congrats Craig Bourgeois: Champion.

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Jeremy Tanksley, Nov 8, 2015.

1. GeorgeJr

GeorgeJr Member

Congrads to you and crew

2. Don Eckel 2

Don Eckel 2 New Member

Congratulations on your world championship !

Don Eckel & Family

3. DE3

DE3 Active Member

Ditto what dad said. Congrats on a great season and well deserved Championship!

4. Tony Pontillo

Tony Pontillo Member

Congrats to you and team!!!
    Tony Pontillo

5. Ray Hadford

Ray Hadford Member

Congrats... Craig

We were rooting for you...... incredible finish at the season end. Super driving and a very strong running car.

Must be that Cajun Jambalaya you guys mix up in the large pot at the races..... :)

Congratulations again to you and all that helped make it happen.

Ray Hadford and Crew

6. David Billingsley

Congratulations Craig and Crew on a job well done, you guys sure ran the table the last part of the season and made it look easy..
    Billingsley racing

7. Dave Ring

Dave Ring Member

To clarify-I don't think he should use his money to buy off non-teammates.

8. Backyard Bandit

Congrats Craig.

9. Craig Bourgeois

What a Year!

1st of all let me say how much it means to me to hear the support & encouragement from my fellow racers. I've gotten calls, texts, e-mails & cards before, during & after we clich├ęd the 2015 Comp Eliminator Championship. And of course the BMX #1 plate from David Rampy was yet another highlight on this unforgettable season. Something like this definitely shows you how emotionally weak you are because despite trying to hold back the tears, somehow they prevailed anyway. And probably more to come.
    Like all Comp racers do, I have worked extremely hard to win in Comp. I've tried different combinations, classes, motors....but the car I have now was by far my best effort to date. It sure is nice to win 1 for the little guys! After all, I don't own a trailer or something to pull a trailer with or a golf cart. And in Vegas, I borrowed a new A-1 converter just to have one that would be more competitive! (Thanks Sam) I would assume I have 1 of the lowest budgets of all the Comp teams, and yet someway, somehow we found a way. It reminds me of this blind squirrel that I saw once....well I tell you about that some other day.
    So now we get to go to the banquet and receive the highest honor that a racer can receive, The Championship Trophy. And the check of course. As I type this I am thinking of all the guys that could of won this year. Hats off to Alan Ellis, Arnie Martel, Justin Lamb just to name a few. Also racers like Kamplain, Galbraith, Ambrose, FRANTZ & MANDELLA, (my 2 new best friends) Neff, Hyerstay, Both Treadwell's, Greenheck and a whole lot more of them that I believe will have their years also very soon.
    I will enjoy a short offseason, because I'm sure it will fly by. But my work starts again very soon, and will be working as hard now as ever. Also I really believe race cars can talk, cause Sea-Biscuit (my cars name) kept telling me:I know I'm old (2005 model), I'm tired(95 runs) and I'm crippled(by index,lost .10 this year) but we got a shot so lets go get this thing. And with God's blessing, that's exactly what we did. So from all of us, Thriller, STK/SS Racer Schenck, Dunn, Mark & Kelly Jones, Haase, Lefort, Duet & the rest of my crew, Thank You!!

#29 Craig Bourgeois, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  10. Frank Veloz

Frank Veloz Member

Congratulations Craig and team. You did a hell of a job driving at both ends of the track all season long. Very well deserved.