Ennis WFO/SBF Updates

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Bliss Hudson, May 12, 2021.

1. Bliss Hudson

Bliss Hudson New Member

Howdy everyone!

I'm so excited for Ennis starting on Thursday so I just wanted to give everyone showing up some updates:
    1st up is the best part, all the money. I'm sure most of y'all have seen the posts on here and on Facebook, but just to give y'all one clear place to look at it all, here is all the money and how you can win it! A total of over $20,000!!

-$10,000 for a back-to-back win in Ennis if 40+ cars show up (more than 40 are entered so if you signed up, show up), if less than 40 show up the prize for a back-to-back win will be $5,000, sponsored by Rodger Brogdon and RoofTec. So one prize for winning both days.

-WFO Qualifying. Many of y'all have already competed in this and know what's going on but just as a refresher, it's an optional qualifying competition. A-field winner (2 wins, highest combined under) will get $1,000, A-field runner up (2 wins, 2nd highest combined under) will get $500. B-field winner (1 win, highest combined under) will get $500, B-field runner up (1 win, 2nd highest combined under) will get $250. This was invented by Ashton Hudson and sponsored by Rodger Brogdon and RoofTec. All of the winnings will be given twice (to account for both events).

-$200 to top qualifier on the bottom half of the field. $100 to the driver with the best reaction time during eliminations. Sponsored by Clint Neff and I-70 & Harlan Towing. All of the winnings will be given twice (to account for both events).

-$100 Bounty on Craig Bourgeois by Ed Carpenter. Given to the driver who beats Craig, or given to Craig if he wins. This bounty goes for both days.

-$200 to the #33 qualifier. Sponsored by Cody Lane and Lane Hardwood Floors. All of the winnings will be given twice (to account for both events).

2nd up is a reminder to go out and support the Sportsman Bonus Fund. Follow us on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/sportsmanbonusfund/), Facebook (https://m.facebook.com/Sportsman-Bonus-Fund-103486605071262/), YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLnuJpPZCZyUrQloToZ9t5g), and Our Website (https://www.sportsmanbonusfund.com). Most importantly, if you or anyone you know needs a roof (I know it’s hail season so this will be a great opportunity), tell your contractor to use Owens Corning Roofing Products, and send a copy of your invoice to rodger@rooftectx.com

And lastly, I have completed the 3 part explaining comp video program, so here are the links so you can share them with your friends, family members and fans. I mention in the last video that I will be doing a series of other videos explaining some of the exceptions and rarer occurrences (like mineshaft races and permanent class index hits), so keep an eye out for more of those this summer!
    Comp Bachelors (History of comp, handicapped trees)
    Comp Masters (classes, car configurations, and indexes)
    Comp Ph.D. (reaction times, good vs. bad air, CIC and PI)

SEAN DODD and Racer3207 like this.
  2. Billy Anderson

Billy Anderson New Member

3. Bliss Hudson

Bliss Hudson New Member

We are basing the ladder off of divisional points and also giving people lane designations. Both runs are WFO sessions.

4. Billy Anderson

Billy Anderson New Member

Great! I saw the post showing the pairings on Facebook! SO excited there are 40 cars there! This is awesome! Brings me back to Etown and the early 90s when there were nearly 50 cars trying to qualify! Love it!!

5. Terry Spargo

Terry Spargo Member

6. Terry Spargo

Terry Spargo Member

wonderful, great to see a 41 car turnout