Personal indexes

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Dave Ring, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Dave Ring

Dave Ring Member

I would assume that the personal index goes with the car, not the driver. This needs to be cleared up. For example, if my driver hits the index for nine, I should not be able to get the nine back by getting a new driver. There is an easy way to track this and that is through the use of the chassis number. That should not be a difficult problem to track with modern software.

2. Rob Harrison

Rob Harrison Well-Known Member

Well that's a serious loophole , the personal index is applied to a person ( driver } not the car , the car does not carry a personal index , you would be selling the car because it's got a bad index , regardless of who is driving it.....not a good scenario.....

3. comp6869

comp6869 Member

Driver or Chassis

Good point Dave... However I think the driver is only allowed to hit two indexes per year. Then he has made his own bed, has only two classes to choose from for the rest of the year.

Chad Perkin

4. Shaun Vincent

Shaun Vincent Active Member

Does anybody understand this?

All qualifying will be based off of the class index. Any elimination run between cars in the same class will be heads up based off of the class index.

Does that mean if your personal index is .10 down, you might be number one qualifier but when it comes to first rd you are already down a tenth?

If that is true, its going make things a lot more interesting in eliminations.

5. Frank Aragona Jr.

Frank Aragona Jr. Active Member

Personal index is for the driver (person) and yes that is correct Shaun

6. pro7474

pro7474 Member

so lets say the driver down a 10th qualifies to race another car in his same class 1st round that has saved index/or is not as fast and now the driver that should be penalized now has a heads up with no penalty
    Chris Lamb

7. RICKYB

RICKYB New Member

The personal index will be applied when an individual records a .610 under or greater run during eliminations.

8. hickeybros

hickeybros Active Member

well

I am for PI

9. Steve Polhill

Steve Polhill Well-Known Member

The big question I have is, Do the personal index's reset and if so when? Every race, every year, Never?

10. Rob Harrison

Good question.....the whole thing is based on what happened tough question's tough answer's .....

11. Greg Hogue

Greg Hogue Member

after setting at Monday hooters Lunch with several racers. I never even considered Personal indexes a a reality so I didn't really look in to the implications. After Looking at the rules and spending a good while on the phone with NHRA , on this and a stock eliminator question.

I like it , I think it has the possibility to bring people back.

People that has a .40 under car a week ago and didn't want to spend the money to only have their work eroded away by mega buck racers, now have a .50 under car and don't have to worry about their index .

The way I understand it , Qualifying is off of the National index
    Racing is off of your personal index
    Run you own class and it's heads up
    You can get your index hit if another goes .71 under.

no one can answer if the PI reset every year

I may kick the diesel to the side and come back, I can almost afford this

12. jetowns

jetowns New Member

13. jetowns

jetowns New Member

So if nobody goes .71 under the index never changes for you if you stay .60 under
    or less jeff townsend

14. rognelson777

rognelson777 Active Member

As I understand the rule, in normal conditions, no mineshaft, any elimination run .71 or more under the index, will be deducted after the weekend to all indexes in that class. So if class index was 8.00 and somebody runs 7.28, (.72) all indexes in that class will be lowered .02 (even personal indexes that may have only changed .01)

15. craig schuck

craig schuck Active Member

Can of Worms... So as far as personal index goes.... In qualifying all drivers are going to qualify under the class index, but when first round comes we will have to know what the drivers personal index will be in order to make sure the handicap is correct. How are we going to keep track of everyone's indexes? Will there be a list produced every week?

16. Rob Harrison

The files that everyone will have to have , is not such a bad thing , most would be doing it anyway. Some of the discussions between teams will add a little controversy to Comp , but what else is new , Comp is not for everyone......

17. hickeybros

hickeybros Active Member

well everyone have a smart phone or two,you can bring up everything from locating a good proctologist to a good barbque restaurant.whats the big issue.i feel what every the majority is confortable with,im in

18. Larry & Eunice Pritchett

I am glad some of you like this I don't I feel like it is a punishment to the hard workers and a gift to the ones that don't want to work. I have feeling NHRA will have a better gift next year it is called shoe polish

TONY STEPHENSON likes this.
  19. vinnyb

vinnyb Member

all I can say if the fields get fater it worked if they don't it was 100.000 loss to me for 2 new engines my old stuff was 70 under hmmm